On Wednesday, October 13, I talked about Building Blocks for Self Organization at Agile By Example.
In this post you will be able to find links and references mentioned in the talk.
My main point is that when moving from one way of organizing work to self organization three things need to happen:
- The individual or group managing needs to get out of the way.
- Those who are suppossed to self organize need to take a step into this empty space.
- The team need support.
The presentation is available >> here
- Becoming a tecnichal leader, (Gerald M. Weinberg)
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, (Daniel H. Pink)
- The Fearless Organization, (Amy C. Edmondson)
- Self-Managing Organizations: Exploring the Limits of Less-Hierarchical Organizing, (Michael Y. Lee and Amy C. Edmondson)
- Guide: Understand team effectiveness
- Team Effectiveness Discussion Guide
- How to foster Psychological Safety on your teams
- CDE model by Glenda Eoyang
- MOIJ model by Jerry Weinberg
- First Let’s Fire All the Managers, (Gary Hamel) HBR
- Three Common Misunderstandings Of Self-Organized Teams, (Steffan Surdek) Forbes
- Self Organizing 101, (Lisa Gill) Leadwise
- 5 Practical Steps to Improve Self-Organization in Your Team, (Lukasz Krzyzek)